Facebook Page

Monday 19 December 2011

Different types of Moisturizers!

Hi everyone =)
I'm here to wrtie a review on different types of moisturizers today.
My skin type is dry and combination skin. T-zone is oily with makeup and other parts are all dry.
Lots of people think I'm normal to oily skin but it is only because of makeup especially with highlighting effects. I must put on toner and moisturizer after washing my face.

When people buy skin care products, they care about its effects, brands, and scents as well. Personally, I usally don't get any skin troubles except when I am extremely tired or lack of nutrition. When it comes to purchasing skin care products, I am very easy going as long as it keeps my skin moisturzing.
There are too many brands to choose from and you don't want to spend lots of money on a moisturzier which gives you skin troubles.

Let's have a look at my moisturizers.


(From letf to right)

1. Biotherm Aquasource Gel (Normal to Combination skin type)
2. Proactiv Green Tea moisturizer
3. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturzier
4. Etude House Collagen Moistrull Cream
5.Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion
6. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Aqua Gel


Most of them are my sister's. She has an extremely sensitive skin type so she changes her products very often. If anyone knows skin care products for her skin type then please let me know! (She also has little acne problem only on her cheek.)

Everyhing is gel type moisturizer except Khiel's and Cetaphil.

Biotherm, Proactiv, Khiel's, Cetaphil

Etude House, Vichy

(Everything is out of 5 star points ★★★★★)


1.Biotherm: This is gel type moisturizer. Since this one is for normal to combination skin type, I cannot use it during night time; therefore, I only use it in the morning before makeup with sunscreen. Then I don't need any other lotion or cream because sunscreen is oily enough.
It is also suitable for sensitive skin as well.

Scent: ★★★★★
Texture: ★★★★★
Hydration: ★★★
Price point ★★★
Absorption (right after applying): ★★★★★



2. Proactiv: Proactiv is acne treatment products brand. Lots of celebrities use this brand and it is very well known for acne treatment. Green tea moisturizer is not typical acne treament product. Anyone can use this. I find it more moistful than Biotherm (only the one on this post) because it feels thicker when applied to skin. One negative point about Proactiv is that you have to either order online or go to a mall where it has Proactiv booth.

Scent: ★★★
Texture: ★★★★★
Hydration: ★★★★
Price point: ★★ (when compared to its size)
Absorption (right after applying): ★★★★



3.Khiel's: Ultra Facial Moisturizer is light cream textured daily hydrator. It stays for a long time and doesn't give any breakouts. It absorbs into the skin fast and leaves skin really soft and smooth. It works for my skin but I saw lots of reviews saying that if you have acne problems and blemishes then it might not be the best choice. Most of them ended up with breakouts so as my sister. 

**When you don't know what to use, you should try samples first to see if it is the right one for your skin.

Scent: ★★★★★ (unscented)
Texture: ★★★★
Hydration: ★★★★★
Price point: ★★★
Absorption (right after applying): ★★★★★



4. Cetaphil: Cetaphil is very similar to Khiel's in texture and scent wise. It is unscented and cream type of moisturizer as well. This, I believe, is the best moisturizer for any types of skin regardless of ages even with atrophy skin type. You could easily purchase this at drug stores.

Scent: ★★★★★ (unscented)
Texture: ★★★★
Hydration: ★★★★★
Price point: ★★★★★
Absorption (right after applying): ★★★★



5. Etude House: I saw lots of reviews on Korean website saying it is really hydrating. However it is not the best cream for my skin type since my skin is too dry :( The scent is really nice and it is also a gel type moisturizer therefore it absorbs into the skin really quick. I think it would be really good for normal to combination skin type. 

Scent:  ★★★★★
Texture: ★★★★★
Hydration: ★★★
Price point: ★★★★★
Absorption (right after applying): ★★★★★



6. Vichy: Vichy has similar characteristics as Biotherm. Their scents and texture are very similar. This Aqua moisturizer is also a gel textured cream and it absorbs into skin super fast. It lasts long and it feels like it creates another protecting layer on the skin. Very light and when you wash your face in the morning, it feels like that layer is being peeled off from the skin. (Does not feel weird at all. Feels like after applying a facial mask) I am happy with this product so far :)

Scent: ★★★★★
Texture: ★★★★★
Hydration: ★★★★★
Price point: ★★★★
Absorption (right after applying): ★★★★★



!! This post/review is written upon my experiences, tests and applications; therefore, it is not hundred-percents correct. It is always best to try out some samples and read lots of reviews about products that are suitable for your skin type. !!



I have to see a massage therapist and also a physiotherapist this week. I went to see my family doctor today (technically yesterday since it's past midnight). There are lots of things to do tomorrow but I am really lazy and I just want to finish my Christmas shopping :( phewwww
Have a good night everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment