Facebook Page

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Everyday Makeup Routine and tutorial #1, 2013


Hi everyone :)

I am back with a first makeup tutorial for 2013. It is already mid January and I wanna kick off this year with my everyday makeup routine and also a tutorial. I filmed this with my sister's dslr and the quality is way better than my old camera. (I wanna get a new camera! hehe)
Here in this video, I am showing you guys the products that I use everyday such as highlighter, bronzer, foundation, and eyebrow products. Of course eyeshadows, blushes, and lip products change day by day just like you guys :)



Have a look at the pictures. I divided them into groups of face, eyes. eyebrow, lips. 


1.Face


Dior Shimmer Powder - 02 Amber Diamond
Nars bronzer - Laguna
Mac mineralized blush - Warm Soul
Benefit blush - Dandelion
Giorgio Armani Silk luminous foundation - 02


I don't use concealers anymore so whenever I have spots to cover, I put a little more foundation on to cover up. But this foundation does not really have coverage so if you are looking for a foundation for good coverage then you should look into something else. I have been using it for a few months and I like it a lot for a few reasons. It not oily as my previous tinted moisturizer and bb cream and yet it is not dehydrating. It is also light so even when I have to wear it for such a long time, my skin still feels fresh and okay. 


2. Eyes


Bobbi Brown shimmer brick - Beige
Dior 5 color eyeshadows palette - 649 Ready to Glow
Maybelline volume express mascara - yellow container


My two favorite items! I use the shimmer brick as base eyeshadows. The second last colour is the base shadow that I use everyday and 3rd and the last colors are brownish so I use them to add some brown and bronze tones to my eyes. The first and the second colors are used as highlighter for inner conner or as touch up for highlighting my lid. 


Dior 640 palette has been always my favorite for 2 years now I believe (or less than that. I am not too sure). It is a perfect palette for both everyday and evening makeups! I love, love and love it! Every single color is highly pigmented and well applied with finger tips and brushes as well.


3. Lips 

Chanel lipgloss - 166 Amour
Mac lipstick - Ravishing 


Ravishing is nice peach color lipstick with undertone of nude. It is their 'creme sheen' version so it is hydrating compared to their luster and matte lipsticks. When I first purchased Ravishing, I only wore this for quite a long time. (That's how much I loved this product. I still love it but I don't wear it everyday as I used to.)


I did not like wearing lip glosses because of their stickiness but it keeps my lips hydrating so I am getting used to wearing it again. Back in the days when I was in high school, I liked putting on lip glosses because it looks glossy and cute but never really put it on again after high school until recently.
I am looking into more colors whenever I go makeup shopping hehe



4.Eyebrows 


Shu Uemura hard formula eyebrow pencil - 02 seal brown (hard 9)
Lancome color design *sample* palette 
Benefit eyebrow kit - 02 medium


I really like the Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil and I feel like it will last me super long. It is soft and applies well onto eyebrows but when you try it on hand, color doesn't show up. The sample palette from Lancome is the one that I got during their promotion last year. I use the white matte color to highlight my brow bone everyday. (That's the reason why I included this palette under eyebrow section.)
As some of you know, I have had the Benefit eyebrow kit for a long time. It took me more than a year to finish the wax part. I am just using the shadow type to fill empty spots after outlining my eyebrows with Shu Uemura pencil.



Here are a few more pictures before the tutorial! 




Thanks guys<3

No comments:

Post a Comment